7/10/2009

4th of July

My family went up to Henry's Fork for the 4th of July. It's tradition that we go up there every year. My parents have been coming here before any of us kids were even born. We were bummed that Bryan and Teri's family couldn't come up with us. We really missed them! It rained on and off all weekend but it still was really fun. We had a small program that the grand kids love to get involved in. My parents had all the kids hold a flag and do a little parade around camp, it was so cute. Warner was funny he just kept swinging his flag all over the place, he kinda chewed on it a little bit too, sorry mom. I love how patriotic my family is. We had some small talks about our soldiers and our country that were really awesome! Ü My mom and Kari had some really fun crafts for the kids to do. We all made little shirts for the kids and flag pins for them to wear. Kari is so creative she brought packing peanuts and paper bags that the grand kids made George Washington wigs out of. They were so cute! We also had a big pot luck dinner that was to die for! I could eat like that every night. It was nice on the 4-wheeler rides cause there wasn't a lot of dust. Warner for sure fell in LOVE with the 4-wheeler this year. Once we put him on with his dad he was hooked. As you can see in some of the pictures he would start crying when you turned the wheeler off. He will be getting one of these as soon as he is old enough!
The kids parade (the fire was pretty smoky)
My mom and Warner
Making shirts
This was the cute shirt I made for Warner, It was kinda big. I grabbed the wrong size. Oops
Making the George Washington wigs
He looked so cute in his wig and shirt!
The Andersons
Sitting by the fire
Petri loves to ride along too
He wanted to keep riding Ü
To big for the sink, 1st bath in the tub.
Waiting for breakfast
Jamie and Kari's cute little bellies! Ü

1 comment:

Matt, Amber, Berlyn, and Blake said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!I think that is a cool tradition to go up there every year! I love the wig for warner that is funny.