7/22/2009

Grandma Warner's Funeral 7/18/09

This was a very sad weekend. We buried Shawn's grandma Leona Warner on Saturday down in Spanish Fork. She died on Monday in her sleep at her nursing home in Layton. She was such an amazing woman and accomplished so many things. Her husband died 30 years ago and she has lived alone ever since. It was a nice feeling knowing that she is with Alan again. The funeral was uplifting. I loved hearing all the wonderful stories about her life. All us grand kids got to sing her a song. It was really nice. My mother in law has been such a rock through all this. She has been by her mother's side everyday for the past 9 months. I know that she is sad to see her mom go but knows that it is for the best. I want to let Shawn's family know how much I love them and how proud I am to be apart of their family! I could never ask for better in-laws! Ü

Warner watching them carry the casket The brothers and sisters

3 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad she can be happy again with her husband.

Jani said...

Sorry to hear about Shawn's grandma- Just think her name will still live on through your sweet little Warner Ü

Jilly said...

Oh that's sad. What a sweet lady!