5/18/2009

2009 Ogden Marathon, Get Out And Live!

I did my first race ever last Saturday! It was my New Years Resolution to do a race this year and I did it. I was never a long distance runner and I wanted to start small and then work my way up so I completed my first 5k! It was so much fun. We started at 7:00 at the Timbermine Restaurant and ran down the Ogden River Parkway onto Grant and then down to 25Th st. It was sooo cold at the mouth of the canyon, but once you started running you warmed up pretty fast. My brother-in-law was nice enough to run it with me. I'm sure he had a hard time staying with me and not taking off since he runs a lot faster than me, but he pushed me to run faster so that was great! I saw a lot of people that I knew running too so that made it even funner! We had a big group of people cheering us on, I wish I would have been able to get a picture of all of them on the side lines! My brother Bryan and sister-in-law Teri ran the half Marathon and did awesome! I for sure want to do another race soon, it is such a high. It didn't matter that it was only a 5k it was still a rush to run over the finish line! I can't wait to do another! Ü
Dave, Teri, Bryan, & Me
Dave, Me, and Hollie waiting for the race to start!
Shawn and I trying to stay warm!
Me and Dave crossing the finish line.
Our final time was 35:32!
Bryan crossing the finish line.
His final time was 01:45:32

Teri crossing the finish line.

Her final time was 01:56:09!

Here are some of my friends times:

Julie Hibbert 24:05, Chantelle Poulsen 36:46, Becky Sessions 38:02, Melinda Lewis 42:17, Hollie Widdison 42:57. Wendy Wolfe 02:45 (half Marathon)

9 comments:

Sharli said...

Way to go Jodi! Thats a great resolution, and way to achieve it! Maybe next time I'll have to motivation to do one!

Carrie said...

That's so awesome Jod! You are totally motivating me. I think I will do the 5k in Bear Lake in August. I have been training for the 10k in 2 weeks but I just don't feel ready yet. You look awesome by the way. . .love the pink!(; I bet Shawn is so proud! What an accomplishment!

Laura and Brodie Calder said...

I am so proud of you Jodi! You did awesome.

Souli & Ashley said...

Good job I don't think my body would allow me to do that.

Ben and Lindsay said...

Way to go that is so awesome!!

Nikki said...

Good Job, that is so great!

brandy said...

Youre awesome Jodi!!

Jilly said...

That's so cool that you did it! I'm not sure that is something that I could ever do! I was always a sprinter, and I'm not sure if my body would like me telling it otherwise:)
Congrats!

Tammy said...

That is so cool that you did that. I have no desire to ever run a race! But that one sounds like it was a lot of fun.