3/12/2010

Bad news...

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while it has been a rough couple of weeks. A few days after moving in with Jamie and Dave I was a work and got a phone call from my dermatologist telling me they received my results back from my biopsy on a spot on my leg and it came back as Melanoma. I was so shocked I couldn't even speak. I never would have thought that at my age I would get skin cancer. I was so scared I called Shawn and my mom right away. My family was also in such shock. That night a few of them came over to give me a blessing, it helped out so much to calm our nerves. The next day they were able to get me into the Huntsman Cancer Center to meet with a Melanoma surgeon. Dr. Andtbacka told me that it is in the very early stages and that they would like to do surgery right away. So this past Monday they had me go get some radioactive injections around the area to see what limp nodes the cancer could have spread to. Then on Tuesday I went in for surgery. I was so scared to have to be put out that it may hurt the baby but we talked to so many doctors reassuring us that the baby would be totally fine. They had to take more area off of my calf and take out 3 limp nodes out of my groin to have biopsied to make sure it didn't spread. They sounded pretty confident that it hadn't but we will find out the results next Wednesday when I go in for my check up. I can't wait for this all to be over. It has been a really trying time right now with just moving and having a baby on the way now with this big news. I want to let my family and friends know that I love them and couldn't have gone through this without their support.

4 comments:

Jani said...

Jodi- I have been thinking about you a ton lately... I hope you are doing okay. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong Ü

brandy said...

You'll always be my D!!! I love you too!

Anonymous said...

Aww Jodi. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you. Please keep me informed with everything. You are a strong girl. xoxox

MCF said...

Jodi...I'm so sorry! Hang in there girl. We'll keep you in our prayers. Take care of yourself.