11/28/2009

Ryker and Reed Kirkham 11/21/09

Kari and Randy had their twins on November 21st. She was only 35 weeks along so they were a little early. Ryker Scout Kirkham was born 1st and weighed 3lbs 14oz. Reed Stryker Kirkham was born 2nd at 4lbs 2oz. Ryker did ok but he couldn't keep his temp up due to him being so small so they had to keep him in the nursery in an incubator for a while. Reed wasn't doing as well, he had some air by his heart so he's in NICU so they can watch him more closely. I can't stand to see them hooked up to so many things. It makes me cry! I can't even imagine how hard this is on Kari and Randy. We only got to see them at certain times so I didn't get very many pics at the hospital.
Reed

They got to take Ryker home last night because he gained some weight and was able to keep his temp up. Hopefully they will get to bring Reed home soon. He now has an infection in his lower intestines that they are concerned about but I know that he will be healthy soon and get to be with his twin brother and family at home.

Ryker looked so tiny in his crib.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just now reading about this. Is Reed home now? Tell them CONGRATS by the way! I hope and pray everything is better.

Carrie said...

WooHOO!! I'm SO excited for your little GIRL!! I was hoping it would be a she. . .are you still going to Dr. N? He's so awesome! I Loved the update! You guys are always busy. I'm so happy the twins are hear and hope they are all together soon! How is Jamie & Dave? I can't help but grieve for them. It just doesn't seem fair some days. I bet it helps they are close friends. You guys have been to way too many funerals lately. I love that they had his tractor there though. Sorry this is long, we need to catch up sometime!!(: How are you feeling?
Can't wait to hear the name you guys choose. . .so exciting!!