8/13/2008

Shawn and I went up to Jamie and Dave's pool around noon to swim with just the two of us because Jamie and Dave were up camping on Saturday the 2nd. Everything seemed normal until I thought maybe my water broke, but I was in the pool so I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything to Shawn yet. I felt my first contraction around 2:00 and wasn't to sure if it was a real contraction or not so I still didn't say anything to Shawn yet. It wasn't until they started coming every 10-15 min or so. Once they were so bad that I couldn't talk and was crying did Shawn and I start to get worried. So we decided to go home and get ready and watch the clock. Shawn kept begging me to let him speed and go around cars because we were in the Mercedes. He was all "This may be my only chance to get away with this." Shawn just kept getting more and more worried while he was watching me do my hair and makeup while I was having bad contractions about every 5-7 minutes. He kept telling me I was ridiculous to keep getting ready and that we needed to go get checked at the hospital. We still weren't sure if we needed to go in or not because I wasn't sure if my water had really broke or not. So once I talked to my sister Brandy on the phone she told me that I should go in. So we hopped in the car and headed to McKay Dee. We still felt like we weren't sure if this was really labor or if they were going to send me home. Once we got there it was around 5:30pm and they checked me they said that my water had ruptured and that I was dilated to a 4. I was thinking "Only a 4 huh, this really hurts at only a 4!!!" Once they told us that we were going to have the baby today we both started crying. We called our family and told them to come down. Our dilemma's for having the baby that day is that Jamie and Dave were gone, my brother was out of state and my sister in law was gone too. So we knew that they all wouldn't be able to be there. We all called Jamie about 10 times and left messages. So once they wheeled me into my room they gave me my epidural, Hallelujah!!! About 45 min later they checked me again and I was at a 6, and then a half hour after that I was at a 7. So I was moving along pretty fast. So our family's started to all show up and I was dilated to a 9 before we knew it. They wanted me to wait until 11:00pm so that my doctor Jed could be there. I really wanted him there too not some other doctor that I didn't know. They kept checking me every hour and I was still at a 9 and the baby hadn't dropped down all the way. So they had me rest through out the night until about 6:00 am they had me start pushing. They tried the vacuum too and they just couldn't get him to drop down enough so they told us we were going to have to do a C section. We were soooo bummed, that's not how we wanted to have him. I was so tired by that time that I just wanted to get him here so everyone was rushing around us getting everything ready. Once we got in the operating room it was so fast. We were both crying the second he came out and they showed him to us. I was shaking so bad from the drugs that I didn't get to hold him for a while, but once I did it was the best feeling! We called all our family to come back to the hospital so they could see him. We still hadn't heard from Jamie and Dave. We knew that they were going to be devastated that they missed it. They did end up coming home around 5:00 that night to see him. So Warner was born at 7:32 am Sunday August 3rd. He was 7 lbs and 2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He is sooooo dang cute. I can't believe that he is finally here. We just stare at him and hold him all day!! It's crazy how much you love them right away. It's the best thing to see Shawn holding him. He can't get enough of him. He has helped me so much that I can't thank him enough for all the support. He is the best daddy!

5 comments:

Sharli said...

JODI HE IS SO ADORABLE HE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BABY!! NOT THAT I AM SURPRISED :)! I AM GLAD YOU PUT YOUR LABOR STORY ON HERE! HOW IS IT RECOVERING FROM YOUR C-SECTION? I AM KIND OF SCARED FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE TYCE WAS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL WHEN I WAS RECOVERING! I AM GLAD HE IS HERE AND EVERYTHING IS GOOD! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Carrie said...

OH MY GOSH! He is so beautiful! Not surprising like Sharli said. It looks like you guys have had tons of company and have been very busy. I'm so glad he's finally here. He's so alert in most the picts. . .I just love him and I'm not even related. You guys will be the BEST parents!! CONGRATS! I wanna see more picts already.

Ben and Lindsay said...

WHAT A STUD! He is so handsome! I love his smiling picture and is Fohawk! I could not get enough of all your pictures! And how did you pull off looking so good after just having a baby!? Thanks for posting the whole story and pictures of Warner! congrats again!

Emilee said...

oh you guys he is WAY cute! CONGRATS!!

Jilly said...

What an awesome hubby you have! And what an adorable baby, he is seriously so sweet! His hair is so cute!